Pay: Competitive pay based on experience, 401(k)
- Health, dental and vision plans
- Paid time-off, holidays and vacations
- Life Insurance
- Referral Program
Job Type: Full-time
Careered Position Summary:
This position opens doors to the exciting world of network cabling. AGC operates in a non-siloed culture that supports training, advancement and lasting friendships. These technicians support our Network Cabling, Security and Audio/Visual departments to professionally complete the following tasks: installing, dressing, preparing, terminating, troubleshooting and repairing structured infrastructure cabling and/or equipment in new construction and existing facilities. Training provided as needed.
Since 1995, AGC has been providing the best in products, solutions, and customer installation/service. Our team strives to plan for our customer’s daily challenges. As a new field technician, you will be working with seasoned and successful field technicians and managers who demonstrate the highest level of craftsmanship with professional integrity. Every day you will be challenged and stimulated as you grow in your career.
If you are a fast learner, love to work with your hands and different environments, learn new applications and are willing to travel, AGC is the perfect atmosphere for you start and succeed in your career.
- Install, terminate & test low voltage, Cat 5e and Cat 6 computer network cabling, fiber optic cabling, various other cables for security and paging systems.
- Professionally organize, form, dress and label pre-terminated low voltage cabling.
- Install and terminate low voltage and computer network outlets to industry standards.
- Install cable and fire stop material to industry standards.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair security cameras/access control devices.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair paging and other AV systems.
- Design and install network closet and corresponding equipment configurations.
- Install network closet hardware, including wallboards, connecting blocks, equipment racks, patch panels, fiber and cable enclosures and corresponding related equipment.
- Properly and professionally enter time and service completed within industry ticketing system.
- Comply with all organization business policies, workflow processes and documentation practices.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Solid understanding of cabling infrastructure and low voltage cabling requirements, purpose and industry standards, preferred.
- Familiarity and expertise with common basic telecommunications, computer networking and associated industry tools and equipment
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge and understanding of workplace safety and practice standards.
- Ability to comfortably work in construction environments and with ladders and other common tools and routinely lift heavy loads.