Careered Position Summary:
This position opens doors to the exciting world of network cabling. AGC operates in a non-siloed culture that supports training, advancement and lasting friendships. These technicians support our Network Cabling, Security and Audio/Visual departments to professionally complete the following tasks: installing, dressing, preparing, terminating, troubleshooting and repairing structured infrastructure cabling and/or equipment in new construction and existing facilities. Training provided as needed.
- Install, terminate & test low voltage, Cat 5e and Cat 6 computer network cabling, fiber optic cabling, various other cables for security and paging systems.
- Professionally organize, form, dress and label pre-terminated low voltage cabling.
- Install and terminate low voltage and computer network outlets to industry standards.
- Install cable and fire stop material to industry standards.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair security cameras/access control devices.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair paging and other AV systems.
- Design and install network closet and corresponding equipment configurations.
- Install network closet hardware, including wallboards, connecting blocks, equipment racks, patch panels, fiber and cable enclosures and corresponding related equipment.
- Properly and professionally enter time and service completed within industry ticketing system.
- Comply with all organization business policies, workflow processes and documentation practices.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Solid understanding of cabling infrastructure and low voltage cabling requirements, purpose and industry standards, preferred.
- Familiarity and expertise with common basic telecommunications, computer networking and associated industry tools and equipment
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge and understanding of workplace safety and practice standards.
- Ability to comfortably work in construction environments and with ladders and other common tools and routinely lift heavy loads.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Competitive pay based on experience
Structured Cabling Technician